Everyone else is doing it and I’m a bit of a sheep… I like sheep…
So, the me me meme is lots of useless information about me for you to peruse at your leisure.
1. Picture of me:
I like this photo a lot, just because you can see how happy I am by the sparkle in my eyes. It’s rare to see me like that in a picture. I usually look like a dead fish. I do wish Kaden had more hair though. Maybe I should have knit him a hat! Mad to think I was barely knitting anything then.
2. 10 Random Facts about Me:
- I used to play a LOT of World of Warcraft. My first character I stuck to and levelled all the way to 85 (the current top level) was a mage named Kydel. That was the first time I used the name. A lot of my wow friends think I named my knitwear business after a mage. I don’t play as much anymore (maybe 3 nights a week) since I don’t have a lot of time. Terry is still obsessed 🙂
- The name Kydel actually came about while I was looking for a name for myself on a forum. It is an mix of my name (Kelly) and Kaden.
- I have brunette hair to my waist. I haven’t had it cut in around 2 years. It’s not out of choice, it’s because we can’t afford £30 for a hair cut. One day I’ll hack at it myself… or get some money!
- I am painfully shy. I hate to go anywhere alone unless I know exactly what to expect.
- I was the guitarist in a 3 girl punk pop band for 8 years. We had a two singles out and toured the UK. I have been on Irish TV and the biggest audience we played to was 20,000 people at a radio roadshow. Good times.
- I drive a clapped out Black Fiat Punto (2002) which used to be my dads work car but we swapped a couple of weeks ago because my car then (a Renault Megane Scenic) was too big and costly to run. Dad swapped me his punto and now with have a little car (“It’s like driving around in a shoe!” – Terry) and Dad has a roomy people carrier to take him to work.
- My son was born by emergency C Section after he was struggling to survive with every contraction. When they finally cut him out of me it was revealed that he had a knot in his cord. When he was uber small he had flipped about so much he had literally tied himself in a knot and with each contraction the knot got tighter, stopping all his life support. The doctors kept my sons cord for medical journals and research as it is a very rare occurrence.
- I know the theme tune to most kids TV shows (in the UK – steady on!) and I am made to learn any that I don’t know by my son. If he gets really into a new programme, I have to make sure I can sing along within a couple of weeks or I get abuse! I usually have that sort of thing stuck in my head all day. “Jake and the neverland pirates, and meeeeeeeee!”
- I would love to write a fiction book or kids book. I’ve wanted to be a published author ever since I can remember but I’m useless at getting my point across. I find it really hard if I have to explain things in patterns but that’s why I love my test knitters so much beacuse they always seem to come up with great ideas 😀
3. Question Time
1. What was the first album you ever purchased (vinyl, tape, or cd)?
I don’t know the first album I bought. The first one I asked for (and recieved on cassette from my brother) was a Wet Wet Wet one but I don’t remember the title. The first single I ever bought was New Kids on the Block – Tonight. I don’t have either of them anymore.
2. What was the first accessory you bought with your own money?
I am 35. I have no idea when I bought my first accessory, sorry. Although I know it would have been something tacky from Danglers (a shop in Middlesbrough which is still there).
3. Favourite gift you’ve ever received?
These questions are tough! I have recieved a car from my parents for my 30th (my ex had taken the one we shared), the sexy laptop I am currently using (Loves It!), and various random goodies.
I think I would probably say that my favourite would be my little dog though. My dad bought her for my 6th birthday and she was with me until I was 19. My childhood buddy.
4. The coolest person you’ve ever met?
You know what, no-one springs to mind, but I know I’ve met cool people. I’ll have a think and get back to you….
5. The item in your home with the most sentimental value?
Two things. My nana’s tape measure from when she was knitting. It’s really old and tatty but it’s very precious to me. The second is my nana’s dog tags from world war II. I found them in her knitting bag which I got after she passed away 10 years ago.
6. The grossest thing in your refrigerator right now?
There is very little in my fridge at the minute since I need to go shopping. There are some pretty yellow looking apples, an old onion wrapped in cling film that is dried out, and a few containers doing thier job and containing some un-named stuffs. I have no idea what they are. They are down to Terry. They will probably stay there until I chuck them out.
7. Something you always purchase at the grocery store?
Always? well…milk…bread… Something unusual? Jubblies (frozen triangle shaped juice) The child is obsessed with them. Rain or shine.
8. One thing you hope to accomplish this year.
Get published on knitty.com and/or in a print mag. Get more patterns out there, including some for little people the size of my son (aged 3) and do well at it 😛
9. Your current favourite song.
I am in love with Adele and have been pretty much since I heard her. Hometown Glory and Chasing Pavements are amazing songs. My favourite song at the minute is Set Fire to the Rain though. I love it.
10. What we’d eat together if I showed up on your door step today.
Terry is out at the shop buying ingriedients for chicken curry. It will be hot mind.